Why Deckchair Care?
The Deckchair Care Mission
“To deliver a care service designed to enhance the quality, enrich the experience and prolong the enjoyment of home-living in our society.”
- Independent, locally owned business.
- Over 40,000 appointments completed with 100% reliability.
- Punctuality score of 99.99% (arriving within 15 mins either side of an appointment time).
- Just 48 hours notice required to cancel an appointment FOC.
- No charge if clients are hospitalised at short notice.
- 45 minute calls available (after 11am)
- Carers spend all of their time with clients, no time deductions for travel.
- 5* highly rated business.
- 14 day notice period (that we don't apply in exceptional circumstances).
- Online real-time access to schedules and notes with arrival and departure alerts.
- Dementia and palliative care specialists.
- A bespoke care package for every client, every detail covered.
- Directly employed carers with guaranteed contacts and market leading rates of pay.
- Experienced specialist team able to provide 2 appointments per week upto 4 double visits per day.
The way we work will be very different to most care agencies. Instead of zero hour contracts and minimum wage, our care team are offered fixed contracts, salaried pay and a benefits package that includes training, travel allowance and a pension.
In addition, we build in enough travel time between appointments so that your carers don’t have to rush from one job to another. We think this offers a better service, as carers arrive promptly and safely at every appointment (exceptional circumstances permitting).
We understand the difficulties in distance care-planning and so, offer unrivalled transparency to family members via our software platform. You’ll be able to log-in and see what’s going on and when, in real-time. You can even contact us via the system about your care package.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deckchair Care Name
We like to think that Deckchair's remind people of happy, fun times in a place they love with people they want to be with. We get a lot of positive feedback about our name; we also like to think it encapsulates the way we approach our work!
The Deckchair Care managers (credit K Nelson)
Member of the UK Home Care Association